/ This website, in a nutshell!
This website is the work of Dr Antonella Radicchi and provides content related to her research projects and inherited activities conducted in Berlin and beyond (from 2016 until 2022).
It is articulated in multiple sections.
- The Hush City app page gives you information on the free, citizen science Hush City app: you can find links to download the app on both iTunes and Google Play stores. Have you already downloaded the new version?
- The Hush City map page displays the worldwide map of the quiet areas crowdsourced by the Hush City app’s users.
- Research redirects you to Dr Radicchi’s main research projects, such as the Hush City Mobile Lab (2018-2020), the Beyond the Noise (2016-2018) and Sound and the Healthy City (2018-2021) projects.
- Blog is a web page, where you can read newsletters and blog posts featuring research and dissemination activities.
- The Resources webpage contains a selection of scientific publications and international press coverage featuring Hush City, and additional soundscape and noise resources.
- The Contact page tells you how to reach out Dr Radicchi. We always value your feedback on our activities and we are thrilled to initiate new collaborations worldwide.
/ Who we are
Dr Antonella Radicchi is the Inventor and Founder of Hush City. She is an Architect Urbanist expert in research and innovation for sustainable urban development.
She built her expertise ideating, leading, executing and monitoring urban and research projects in Industry and Higher Education in Germany, England, the US and Italy. She is an experienced public speaker and lecturer, too.
She has also served as an Expert and Evaluator for the European Commission D-G Research & Innovation and the European Executive Research Agency.
Her work is informed by a humanist perspective on knowledge production and driven by a vision of co-creating more liveable, inclusive and beautiful places through the following lines of research:
– Urban regeneration of public spaces
– Human-environment interaction investigated through liveability factors such as artificial light, sound, quiet, smell
– Theory and practice of sustainable cities (the city of proximity, the walkable city)
– Innovative policies and practices of participation and citizen science
– Digital, qualitative and arts-based research tools and methods, e.g., mobile applications, and experiential walks.
Across these research areas, she led international multi-stakeholder projects, authored over forty publications and taught in Bachelor and Master programmes at Italian, German, US and UK universities.
Her background is in Architecture, and she holds a PhD in Urban Design and Territorial Planning (University of Firenze, Italy) with doctoral studies conducted at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (USA) as a Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholar.
She is always keen to envision and commence projects across fields, sectors and countries.
You can dig into her international experiences, project portfolio and expert services here and @antonellaradicchi.it. If they resonate with what you need, let’s get in touch!